What digital platforms are students currently using to develop their professional network?

Personally, the digital platform I use the most is Instagram. I always share my life and study life on it. The snapshot function inside, I usually use to share music and some short videos that I shoot everyday. Through the comments and private messages given to me by friends, we can interact well and learn to progress. At the same time, it also allowed me to see the living conditions of different friends. During the period of the epidemic, our UVIC students rely more on the zoom platform, where professors give lectures and some presentations in zoom. Students can give the professor some feedback and communication through microphone or typing. The digital platform used for entertainment has tik-tok, and I often watch some interesting short videos and hot video trends on it.

What can you (as a student) consider to expand your professional learning network?

For this question, I would like to quantify four points. First of all, you can set up a study group on the Internet, the purpose is for everyone to share and discuss the interesting points of your own week of study. Second, join the professional forum community. From this, you can get feedback and questions from more professional scholars on academic issues. Third, actively speak on the Internet, comment on the views of the group students, and think about whether they can resonate with what they have written. Fourth, you can actively participate in offline conference activities. Scholars can meet up for exchanges and discussions. From these four points, you can expand your professional learning network.

In your network, how can you create a digital identity/reputation?

First, install the imToken client on the phone and click to open it.In the Create Digital Identity window, select the Create Identity option. In the terms of use window, select the agree option and click the Continue button.In the Create Identity window, enter the user name and password, the password must be entered twice, and the password prompt question is also entered at the bottom,…Next, back up the mnemonic words, be careful not to use screenshots, but record the mnemonic words in a special notebook.

Consider what a local employer would do if you applied for a job with them – can they search the content, is it of benefit to the career path, does it hinder the opportunity of employment?

I think it is a good thing for employers, because employers can learn more about job applicants from channels other than resumes, so as to obtain information whether the job applicant matches the position. If employers can search for some digital platforms of job seekers, this will undoubtedly allow employers to know more about the life of job seekers. If they are fresh graduate job seekers, employers can also use these to evaluate the academic enthusiasm of job seekers. Employers may search my social accounts, whether I have published meaningful academic papers, etc.

comment on blog 2